Saturday, September 20, 2008

Killing Christi's Blogging Streak


Hi peeps! Well this is kind of fun. It won't be quite as fun if it ends up just being Christi blogging, but if everyone writes, it'll be fun (hint, hint...).

Last weekend John and I went up to Door County, which is the vacation beach area for Midwestern folk, and it was chilly and rainy.
John's mom and dad (Susie & Joe) were up there already with John's aunt & uncle (Kay & John). Despite the rain, it was still fun to see the place that John's family grew up going to over the summers.

This weekend is beautiful in Madison: 77 and sunny. We spent the morning walking around the Farmers' Market that wraps around the Capitol (Madison is the Capitol of Wisconsin for those of you who didn't know; see picture below). It was super crowded and especially eclectic. We didn't buy anything too exciting, though-- just some cut sunflowers and a salsa kit (tomatoes, onion, cilantro, jalapeno prepackaged in a ziplock).


No, I didn't take this photo, but I thought I'd show you how pretty Madison is. You can't really see it in this photo, but behind the Capitol on the other side there's a large lake.

Alright... I'm going to peace out. Love y'all.

No comments: