Monday, November 3, 2008

They're B-A-C-K.....

The folks made it home after a month in NC. I know they're as glad to be home as we are to have them here. The mountains are beautiful, especially this time of year, but there's no place like home.
Mother isn't well at all. Daddy is taking her for an xray on her ribs and for a mamogram tomorrow morning before she goes to see Dr. DeVaney in the afternoon. You all may know that she fell the 2nd day in NC and skinned her legs and arms pretty good, as well as cracked a few ribs and busted her head open. And yes, she refused to see a doctor there.
Now about Thanksgiving...we are definitely going to Nick's mom's. I guess ya'll can do without us. Maybe Stagecoach will be open that day. I've got dibs on turkey, dressing and gravy for Christmas. I can't believe the holidays are so close.
On a final note, the days here have been as perfect as any I've ever seen. This afternoon we were excited to see 5 deer from the woods next to the house, in the yard eating acorns. Two were the cutest little spotted fawns.

No comments: